Pages

Monday, April 1, 2013

Spring Break

It really bewilders me that it's already the end of our spring break! While it seems like this week has absolutely flown by, last Sunday feels like it was at least two weeks ago.  I'm not ready to go back to work on Monday, especially considering that we have no breaks or special days in the month of April (insert "spoiled teacher" comment here).  So even though it has felt like a pretty short week, it's been very pleasant and fairly relaxing!  Here's a recap of what happened.

Sunday & Monday: We went to see Luke Bryan which was awesome, in case you missed the last post.  Megan and I stayed in Morgantown Sunday night and enjoyed a girls' weekend that was much needed! Monday was spent shopping, visiting with Whitney and the baby, and best of all--eating.

Tuesday: I had gotten behind on our housework, so I pretty much spent that day working on getting caught up.  We have a schedule we follow every week with certain chores to be completed each day so that we don't get really far behind and find ourselves overwhelmed with the amount of housework that needs to be done.  I'll post it later.

Wednesday: Back to Morgantown! Mom had a doctor's appointment AND it was Katie's birthday!
After the eye doctor, we had the chance to eat lunch with Katie, do a little shopping, and visit Whitney and Gage again.  Although I love that I've graduated from college and moved back home, I really miss Morgantown and my friends!

Thursday: We live in a two-bedroom house with essentially nonexistent storage space.  We have two closets in the house that can hold about half of our clothes and a quarter of the other things we have minus our Christmas decorations.  The spare bedroom has been a gathering place of everything we want to put into storage/give to Goodwill/keep for scrapbooking or other crafts/etc. In the midst of all of these things, I also use this room to store my clothes.  I could only get about half of my clothes in my closet, and the rest of them laid in piles on the bed.  Annoying.  So, I found a hanging shelf organizer at Walmart on Wednesday and spent Thursday reorganizng the spare bedroom.  With the help of these shelves, I was able to fit the clothes that had been strewn around the room into the closet AND fit my summer clothes in there too!  Everything has a place and it actually looks like a bedroom now!  Amazing!  The shelves I used can be found here.

Friday: Happy Birthday to me! Twenty-four is a strange age.  It feels like I should be an adult and responsible and mature, but at the same time, I'm still in my early twenties.  Shouldn't I be hanging out with my friends every evening and making some questionable decisions?  Look at the cast of Friends or How I Met Your Mother.  I understand that these are TV shows and essentially no one actually lives this type of lifestyle every day, but it feels like we should.  Anyway, I woke up by being served breakfast in bed (the first time that has ever happened!) and then spent the day with my family by coloring Easter eggs and cooking.  I didn't realize how many people stop coloring Easter eggs once their children have grown up; it's very bizarre.  We have always colored eggs--and that "we" includes everyone in my family sitting down together once a year, including my 91-year-old grandfather.  It's so fun! Why would you not want to do it?


For dinner, we ate Italian dressing marinated grilled chicken, corn, scalloped potatoes, green beans, and buttermilk biscuits.  Yum! And, we had a Funfetti/pudding/strawberry/cool whip trifle for dessert.  It was quite a wonderful birthday. :)







Funfetti Cake = <3
Baxter celebrating with me

Have a happy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment