Pages

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Sunday Funday and Playing in the Garden

This morning arrived bright with sunshine and happily singing birds.  I love the peacefulness of Sunday mornings, of doing a few simple things around a quiet house before sitting with a cup of steaming coffee and a good book.  Derek and I come from different denominational backgrounds, so we try to switch off our churches every other weekend, although it doesn't always happen like that.  Since Derek was off of call from work this weekend, it was our turn to make the trip to my hometown.  Halfway up the road, my sister called to announce a change in plans for the day.  The clear skies and 70 degree weather was perfect for working in the garden.  With the help of my mom, sister, brother-in-law, niece, and husband, we tilled, plowed, and planted part of Grandpa's garden, gathered up broken sticks and limbs, trimmed bushes, and ate an excellent dinner.  Here's a few images I gathered throughout the day (with my brand new "birthday" camera!).


 Before we left this morning, I saw some visitors in front of our house.  LOVE this zoom on this camera!!


 


Many, many days were spent at my grandparents' house. Love this place.
Proof that Grandma is still with us.  She always had the most beautiful flowers.

Lots of memories riding with Grandpa down the road in here

The old smoke house


After many years of putting in all the hard work, he gets to just sit back and watch.

Hog enjoyed a day on the farm.


Planting potatoes
Hog likes the new camera, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment