Pages

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Luke Bryan

At a spur of the moment on Saturday, I was invited to go see Luke Bryan in concert on Sunday evening.  Now, I'm not a huge Luke Bryan fan--or at least I wasn't--but how can you pass up an opportunity to go to a concert with two of your best friends who you hardly ever get to see anymore? 

Chris Stapleton, a songwriter, opened the concert and was pretty awesome.  His raw, rough voice blended well with his guitar skills and formed a country/rock sound unique to the music industry.  A little bit more about him can be found here.  

Luke Bryan came on stage at 9:00 and performed for a little more than an hour and a half.  He was incredibly personable and played an excellent show.  Everyone was out of their seats and dancing the entire time.  I was fascinated by the fact that he actually took fans' phones and held them in front of him while singing, thus recording himself on the phones.  He also laid down on the stage and took a picture of himself with the fans behind him while singing.  I feel like there aren't that many musicians who would perform such antics at a concert.  Although I don't have any close ups, here are a few of the pictures I managed to capture throughout the evening.



Picture Courtesy of Megan :)



No comments:

Post a Comment