Pages

Saturday, June 1, 2013

1st Anniversary!

It's so hard to believe that just over a year ago (May 26), I was walking up the aisle at church preparing to marry my best friend.  During the year and a half that we were engaged, we planned and created what we'd hope would be a pleasurable day for everyone.  Because both of us are more family-oriented and country than fancy, the day consisted of cowboy boots, mason jars, old pictures, and homemade comfort food.  Everything was perfect until about ten minutes into the ceremony when we realized that the church's air conditioner hadn't been fixed and we quickly became drenched in sweat from the 90 degree weather.

Thanks to so many amazing friends and family members, the rest of the day was extraordinary.  I know we didn't have what many people would think is a spectacular wedding day, but the fact that we were able to spend it surrounded by so many loving people absolutely made it perfect.

I have learned so much about both Derek and myself over the past year.  I've finally gotten him to make the bed in the morning if I'm not around, and we've come to what I think is a compromise when it comes to buying Lego sets. (In case you didn't know, the plural for Lego is Lego..not "Legos."  I was unaware...)  I know that we'll continue to learn new things about each other as the years pass, and I'm so glad I get to spend those years with him.
















Thank you for being so patient, understanding, hilarious, and loving, Derek.  Happy (1 week late) Anniversary! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment